Holy One Week To Go, Batman!

ENTHUSIASTIC HAPPY YIKES IN ALL CAPS! We are just one week away from the epic finale of Christopher Nolan's Batman and I am so very pumped!

When I left off I had just majorly screwed up my costume, and I'd love to tell you I've fixed it but it isn't so. I messed with it for a while and examined the seam closely and decided that it was too risky for me to try and fix it myself with no prior stretchy fabric sewing experience and with only a week left. I found a zipper of the perfect size in my collection of notions and brought it to a seamstress who said she'd fix it by Saturday for just $15. I'm really nervous putting it all in her hands, but I'd rather trust a professional than end up making a huge, unfixable hole trying to put a new zipper in myself.  So that's going to be up in the air for a little while, but I'm hopeful that it'll come back even better than before and ready to go! 

But, always the one to prepare for anything, I bought the cutest little Batman outfit at Hot Topic today that I can wear if it cannot be fixed. It's a tutu made with little Batman logos all over it and a matching Batman T-shirt! So cute! I'm still giving Catwoman about a 90% estimate of appearing next Thursday, but it was a good enough excuse to buy something so adorable. See blurry, ill-framed picture below. I swear someday I'll stop being lazy and taking pictures with my crappy brick phone. But that day was not today.


In other news I ate a Big Mac today and did not work out. One of those days. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to be "comfortable in her own skin" Catwoman who takes care of her body but also allows herself to enjoy food because life is just too short to count calories. I feel a life lesson coming on. 

So as I sit here tonight, awkwardly mashed up in my chair, hair piled on the top of my head, makeup gone, and feeling more than a little bloated from a day of poor eating I think of a quote I heard (supposedly originated by Marilyn Monroe of all people), "If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Comments

  1. I'm sad that I read this so late after the post-date, but I can tell you that this post seriously makes me smile =) You are so honest and awesome and I still love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts