The Problems Begin

10 days to go and, as with every project I've undertaken, the poo hath hit the fan.

I was working on the back of my costume and, in order to do it neatly, I quickly zipped it up...forgetting I had sliced the zipper earlier and hadn't gotten around to fixing it... pulling off the tab on the zipper. -frustration-

I tried to put it back on but the top has become somewhat frayed and hopes of reattaching seem very bleak. Really hoping I haven't tanked the whole thing with one stupid error. I have a black zipper of the right length so I might try ripping out the old zipper and putting a new one in, but I'd SO prefer if I didn't risk totally screwing this thing up and could just get the old zipper back to functioning order. I swear, in these moments I'd totally go insane if I didn't have a clear memory of my Nannie saying to me "It's just a dress, Traci. Don't let it defeat you. Just be patient." Nannie, my little piece of sanity I am clinging on to right now is for you!

In other news, the Bane costume has already shipped so that'll totally be on time for my dad. At least he'll have a costume to wear! Apparently when I'm angry and dramatic I overuse italics. And I'm very angry and very dramatic right now.

Comments

Popular Posts