Let's all take a moment to admire my adorable kitty.

I am in no level of denial about my obsession with my sweet little kitty, Anastasia. So I'm going to dedicate a post to formally introducing her to the internet world!

I got her at the beginning of the summer. I had gone to Petsmart and seen a different little black kitten there available for adoption. It was too late at that point to adopt her, so I decided I would return the next day and get her. I woke up bright and early the next day and set out to take her home. I ran in the door, right back to the kitty adoption area, to her cage and saw her, right where I left her, only with a big "adopted" sign now hanging in front of her.

Needless to say I was extremely disappointed. I didn't want any of the other cats there- I hadn't initially set out to find a cat since the timing was so inconvenient, but I had just gotten a feeling that I should get the little black kitten when first I saw her. So I left and saw my dad in the parking lot, gesturing madly for me to come over. I came to where he was, surrounded by tents with all the dogs looking to be adopted under them, and he was holding the sole cat that was out there, tiny as can be and clinging to him desperately. He handed her to me and I instantly knew that she was the one I was really there for. The woman who was fostering her revealed that a woman had just come shortly before us asking to adopt Anastasia, but decided to adopt the black cat inside instead. This only affirmed to me that I had found my little buddy and we were meant to be. I named her Anastasia because she was an orphan that I knew was secretly a princess.




She had been found in her foster mom's backyard.  She was less than two pounds, and not gaining any weight due to what we later found out was a case of worms. The first few days were rough, she kept throwing up and I had to sleep on the floor with her in order to keep her calm. There were vet appointments and a very painful (for me) bath when I washed her off to make sure no residual eggs would stay on her and hatch.

As hard as those first few days were, I can say with complete assurance that I have not had a single moment of doubt and that we are now inseparable. She follows me everywhere I go, even sticking her hand under the door for me to touch it when I get in the shower. She has to know where I am at all times, to the point that if she can't see my eyes she runs to come get me. Every night I say to her "Anya- we're going to bed!" and she bolts up the stairs and to my room and waits for me to get ready for bed. In summary, she's freaking adorable and quirky and mine.

For my quick PSA, I want to encourage you to consider adopting a pet. I swear, it's like they are so much more loving than breeder pets because they know you saved them and they are so grateful. It may not be as convenient or as glamorous, but those little guys sure do appreciate it when someone gives them a chance to be loved.

Now I leave you, and my cat-lady post, with a bunch of Anya pictures I just emptied from my phone. Also, I'll leave a link to my youtube channel, where I have videos of her in full oddball glory. This concludes my cat-crazed post. I swear I'm a mostly-sane human being, but pets are just awesome and need some recognition every so often :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PeachLoveHappiness/videos
Waking up one morning to find Anya had brought her toys to me in bed



She likes to sabotage my progress when I try to sew

Normal sleeping position- on her back!



She always has to be right up against me at night

Playing kitty tetris to try and snuggle with me

Trying not to be too angry and resentful after a bath

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts