0 to Catwoman in 23 Days

With the upcoming premiere of the final installment of the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy, I knew I had to do something big. My tickets are all purchased for a showing of the first two movies concluding with the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, and I couldn't be more excited (though I might prove myself wrong in a day or two). So, with my love of costuming and Batman in general, I have decided that I will go to the premiere as... wait for it.. Michelle Pfeiffer's Batman Returns Catwoman!

I know it might be a little more on point to go as Anne Hathaway's new version, but hey, until she earns her stripes I gotta hand it to Michelle Pfeiffer for being the best Catwoman ever! Not to mention I will seize any opportunity to wear a costume from Tim Burton's twisted world! So that's what I'm doing, and I want to chart my progress to help future Catwomen out there and, also, maybe mostly, to hold me accountable to sticking with it!

So I've ordered a full body spandex suit from ebay that came with an attached hood (which I've already chopped off). I'm hoping to use the top of this for my mask and the excess fabric on the bottom for the ears and any other additions I may need to make later. I also bought a steel boned corset from ebay to save me some major fussiness. I put these on together to get a feel for where my stitches will need to go and marked approximately those places with chalk. And that's where I'm at right now. Nothing to sneeze at, really, but it's a start!

Because I love checklists and I'm not really sure how else to proceed, I want to outline some goals for this process.
1. Research stitching (painted stitches vs real stitches and how they hold up)
2. Do stitching on the costume
3. Stitch boots
4. Create mask
5. Lose 5-10 lbs (this part is essential for me to hopefully pull this off! I'll outline my food and fitness regimen later)

There you have it! Wish me luck and please please please if you have advice, share it!
-Traci



Comments

Popular Posts