Christmas Dresses!

During Ethics class the other day I had the idea to make some whimsical, Christmassy outfits out of flannel so that you could walk around in the (semi)cold still looking cute without a jacket.

The Ethics of doodling outfit ideas during class is debatable, but here's what I came up with!

First is using Simplicity pattern 2827, with a sleeve-lengthened view D on the top and trim-added view B for the skirt.



For the second dress I used Simplicity 2180 view C for the top and the same skirt as the Santa dress for the bottom. They combined very well and were both pretty fast sews! The only problem I came across (besides ever-infuriating darts) was the fur was really hard to use without making a total mess. But I ran mine through the dryer first before use and would shake it out after cutting to prevent it from getting the flannel too furry when attached. 


For this dress I attached a little thing of holly to make it extra festive. To make it I just cut some fabric from the skirt and outlined it with sparkle green glue from a hot glue gun and then attached random red buttons to it. Just attached it to a pin and, presto! Instant festive pin! 


It turned out the flannel was great to work with and I was able to get them both knocked out in a day! They're really fun and warm and I can't wait to wear them at all the upcoming Christmas festivities!

This brings me to my new goal! I have decided that I will be wearing a Christmas-themed outfit for the rest of the semester! My attempt at that will be posted daily- time to get creative!!


My look for today- Day 1!

Comments

Popular Posts